Dr Panda has worked in various capacities in rural and tribal areas in the state of Orissa since 1968 on health services and Health delivery system.
At present Dr Panda is engaged in the research of Filariasis to find out the efficacy of the herbal drug "Typhonium trilobatum" for treatment of Filaria patients. The research is a joint venture of Director Life Sciences, Orissa and Director, Regional Plant Research Centre, Bhubaneswar, Orissa. The ethical committee met on 30th Dec, 1998 under the chairmanship of Padmashree Dr V.P Sharma Emeritus scientist I.C.M.R requested Dr D. K. Panda to undertake the clinical trial on Filaria patients to determine the efficacy of the herbal drug which is available locally.
Nomination - works related to clinical aspects for award by National Academy of Vectors and Vector Borne Diseases to Dr. Dwijesh Kumar Panda, subject expert in Lymphology & Pathology.
1. Immunology & Immuno-diagnosis of Lymphatic Filariasis- 1984 to 1992.
2. Anti-filarial effect of Typhonium trilobatum.
3. Antimalarial effect of the leaves of the tree Nyctanthes abor-tristis Linn (Parijatha)
and the anti-filarial effect of its flower.
Scientific Publications: -
2. Uttam Swasthya pain ketaka janiba katha.
3. Roga Nirupan
5. Samajika Swathya.
1. Lymphatic Filariasis.
2. Science in the service of man.
3. Atlas of lymphatic filariasis
Indian- About 40 scientific articles have been published in monthly journals “Science Horizon & Bigyan Diganta” of Odisha Bigyan Academy, Government of Odisha.
1. Breast filariasis or inflammatory breast carcinoma. BMJ
2. Filarial breast pump. BMJ
3. Bancroftian filariasis associated with male sterility. BMJ
4. The complications of Surgical Treatment of Grade IV Filarial Lower Limb Lymphedema. Austin J Trauma Treat. USA
5. Dermato-Lymphangitis in Filariasis Resembles Infected Chronic Venous Insufficiency: Two Case Reports and Review of Literature
Media participation for popularization science: -
1. Doordarshan and other local channels.
2. All India Radio, Cuttack.
3. Various news dailies and health magazines of Odisha
1. Subject Expert in Lymphology & Pathology-2017
Issued by: The International Consortium for Clinical Research Excellence, Ethics & Education.
2. Nagarbandhu award by Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation- 2015.
3. Odisha Chalachitra Jagat award for medical service & research- 2014.
4. Presentation of paper in all India science congress, 2012- appreciation certificate.
5. Felicitation for social service by Ex. CJI, Supreme Court through “SUSHRUSA”-2012.
6. Felicitation as senior scientist by Odisha Bigyan Academy in 2009.
7. “Utkal Jyoti” award in 2001 for popularization of science and medical research by Governor of Odisha.
Life Membership of the following associations of India: -
1. Association of Pathologists & Microbiologists.
2. Lymphology Association of India
3. Associations of Vector Borne Diseases.
Professor Trilochan Pradhan, Padmabhushan, Founder Director, Institute Of Physics, Bhubaneswar, Former Vice-Chancellor, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, Fellow, Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore. Mob: (91) 9439340513
Professor Pradhan, a Ph.D. from the University of Chicago, has worked as a Research Associate of Nobel Laureate Professor S. Chandrasekhar, has been a member of Niels Bohr Institute at Copenhagen, Abdus Salan’s International center at Trieste, visiting professor at the University of Virginia, short term visiting scientist at Rutherford Laboratory in UK and universities and institutes in Sweden and Japan, delivered lectures at several international research centers.
He has been a member of the International Jury for UNESCO Kalinga Prize, national jury for Bhatnagar prize, Chairman of review committee for many national research institute and Task force for Higher Education including Medical Education for Odisha.